Using Watcom C/C++ 11.0 with PowerBuilder C++ Class Builder
This is incomplete.
I needed to create a Class Builder User object that used Windows features
that were only supported in Watcom C/C++ 11.0.
I had already installed Watcom C/C++ 11.0 in
and installed Class Builder afterwards in
using Windows NT 4.0.
- Go into Control Panel, start System and then Environment.
- Remove the
directories from the Path environment variable
- Change the WATCOM environment variable to point to
(but see note)
- You may also want to fix the include environment variable
to point back at
- Close the System dialog and Control Panel.
- Start the Registry Editor. I used regedt32.exe,
but regedit should work just as well.
- Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
- Remove the keys for WPP386.EXE, WMAKE.EXE, WLINK.EXE and WRE.EXE.
Note 1: My system has been
modified a bit, I had my WATCOM environment variable in the system
variables list from debugging a service. Just make sure that the WATCOM
variable points to your Watcom 11.0 directory.
Note 2: Be careful. You can damage your system
to the point where it won't restart through indiscriminate use of the Registry